Respecting your privacy and being transparent on how we collect and use your data is very important to us. Verso has created this statement to explain how we collect and use information about our web users.
Please see our website guidelines for information on participating in the Verso community online.
- We are compliant with General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) requirements, the UK Data Protection Act, and US Fair Information Practices.
- You may give us information by creating an account, by purchasing from us, contacting us, or by opting in to our email list.
- We will only use your information as set out in this policy.
- The personal data you submit to us will only be used for the specified purposes indicated to you, and will not be passed onto unauthorized third parties without your explicit consent.
- You can contact us to amend or remove any information you submit to us.
- All payments on our website are handled by Braintree Payment Solutions, and Verso Books only stores enough information to refer to the payment method being used.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer or mobile device by websites that you visit. They cannot harm your computer and do not contain any information that enable us to identify you personally, they just enable our websites to recognize your computer and to identify certain other non-personal information such as which browser you are using. This information can be used to make the website work, to identify which parts of the site can work better or to analyze how often people visit the site and what they look at. We will not associate this data with any personally identifying information that you may choose to provide to us in other ways.
Information you give us
You may give us information by creating an account, by purchasing from us, contacting us, or by signing up to our email list. We will only use your information as set out in this policy. Some examples of the information that we collect and how we use it are:
- Email list. We have an email list that we use to send out newsletters, marketing emails, sales and discount offers, and event invites. If you would like to join our email list, we need you to send us your email address and then reconfirm your interest by opting in via a confirmation email. You can join our email list on our website, at events, or by opting in to hear from us via email when creating an account on our site. We may also ask you to provide other information about yourself, such as your location and name, so that we can ensure that you receive the most relevant emails. We will not use your email address for any purpose other than the ones specified. You can remove yourself from our email list at any point by clicking on the “unsubscribe” button at the foot of one of our emails, or by emailing email@example.com (UK and RoW) or firstname.lastname@example.org (North America).
- Email, phone, and other contact details: You may wish to contact us from time to time by sending us emails, letters, or phoning our office. We will only use this information to respond to your query or suggestion.
- Creating an account: when you purchase from our website we need you to set up an account and provide details for delivery and billing. We will only use this information to process your order with us, and you can choose to save this information in your account for future purchasing. Your purchasing history will be stored in your account, including a library of your ebook purchases for downloading. You can request to have your account and its history deleted by emailing email@example.com (UK and RoW) or firstname.lastname@example.org (North America).
Information we collect about you
We use Google Analytics to collect information about how our visitors use this site. We use this information to analyze usage of the website so that we can improve your experience of it. This information is anonymous and cannot be used to identify you personally.
When you visit our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform.
- Information about your visit, including which site you have come from; pages you have visited; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information; and the last page you view before leaving the site.
We will use this information:
- To improve our site and ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
- As part of our efforts to keep our website safe and secure.
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of communications that we send to you.
Credit card information
We only store minimal card details on the Verso Books website (the card type and the last four digits, which isn’t enough to run a payment). All payments are handled securely by Braintree Payment Solutions, a validated Level 1 PCI DSS Compliant Service Provider. Braintree is on Visa's Global Compliant Provider List and MasterCard's SDP List, and their security policy is described here.
Privacy and data protection
Verso complies with all applicable UK, EU and US data protection legislation in force in respect of any personal information you submit to us. The personal data you submit to us will only be used for the specified purposes indicated to you and will not be passed onto unauthorized third parties without your explicit consent. You can contact us to amend or remove any information you submit to us: email@example.com (UK and RoW) or firstname.lastname@example.org (North America).
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
From time to time Verso may change this privacy notice. We advise that you check this page each time you submit personal information to us. The latest privacy notice will always appear on this page.